Gregor's Room

 In Process



Final Photos




Details



Statement

In this sculpture, I used only paper and water to build and ink for pigment. The blanket was made by weaving individual strands of paper together, and as the water dried, it acted as a glue to keep it together.  This sculpture is representative of key items in a short story. I wanted to portray a feeling of sadness with dramatized emotions. Using muted colors, I created an area that is not fun or exciting. I made the bed frame significantly out of proportion with Gregor and his dresser to add a feeling of dread and fear that come with depression. I felt this story could be used as a metaphor for depression and mental illness as it describes the main character as feeling like a bug. He is scared to get out of bed as it feels extraordinarily far which I took as his dread and inability to get out of bed.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red, White & Black Make Blue

Touch Assignment

Personal Project